Quit the Shit.......

I am starting a journey I want to document here and hope that others will tag along for the ride. 
In December 2016 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I had been dealing with constant pain and chronic fatigue for quite some time and just relayed it to getting older (I am 34 now), running around and not taking time to properly eat and rest.  After almost a year of what I can only tell you is some of the worst pain I have every experienced (and I have had 4 children) I went to the doctor and was tested for several auto-immune diseases.  My test were all negative which was reassuring but left myself and the doctor puzzled as I had symptoms we couldn't explain.  After further testing and monitoring of my life the diagnoses of Fibromyalgia came in.  This was hard for me to swallow as I had always felt that this disease was a "catch all" diagnosis when the doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong with you but you kept whining about it.  I am here to say BOY WAS I WRONG AND I AM SO SORRY TO ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FIBROMYALGIA.  This is no joke, it steals life away from you little by little and you start to realize things that you could once do require much more time and effort.  On a daily basis I wake up unsure of how my body will cooperate or not cooperate that day.  The smallest task I am able to complete could leave me unable to function for days after.  I have been placed on medications that make me feel like a zombie, they cause weight gain, they make my skin break out like a teenager but if I don't take them I am unable to walk, sit, sleep or really do anything.  I have been on these meds for about 4.5 months now.  I have gained about 15 pounds due to the medication, granted when we moved to Texas I had gained about 15 pounds also.  So here I am fighting this battle everyday of pain and now carrying about 30 more pounds around on this struggling body than I did before.  So it's time to do something.  A week ago I started working out with my neighbor, also a military spouse with a home gym!  She has been amazing in motivating me and getting a schedule for us together.  I want to document my struggles and progress here for anyone else suffering from life and things keeping you down!  I am headed out to my 3rd workout (we skipped Friday last week because of the birthday) and I must say I already feel the change, I feel stronger and have more energy.  The struggle is still there, I wake up with stiff joints, with radiating pain shooting through my legs, with tender shoulders and arms but I am pushing through it.  Anyone can with a little help! I hope to be that help for you!  Push through it and lets Crush some goals!  HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just sayin.....

The spot on the sink